Monday 6 October 2014

Carnivàle Truck 3

Paint! that's right, I've laid down some paint on the truck and I'm starting to like where this is going.  At the moment, I've only really applied the acrylic base coats and done a bit of work on the emblems, next comes my favourite part- playing with oil paints and weathering.




All of the acrylics are Citadel or Vallejo Model Colour, most of the colours are custom mixed rather than straight from the pot- matching paint colours to the screen images has been very hard, the lighting changes so frequently across the series, so in turn do the colours to the extreme that the green cab is almost blue in some shots.  So I've adopted what I think the real colours should be, once it gets weathered down the colours will blend and become less obvious anyway.

I think next time I try something like this, I'll definitely look into printing decals for the emblems- my freehand skills are nowhere near as crisp as I would like them to be. On the whole though, I'm very pleased with how this project is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment